We are recruiting for several Casthouse Operators to work as members of a shift to recycle scrap processed material and remelt virgin ingot into aluminium rolling slabs. The slab produced must meet the required specification and level of quality using the plant and equipment within the department as instructed. Are you up for the challenge?
Bridgnorth Aluminium Ltd are advertising this role as a Direct Employer (not a Recruitment Agency)
Bridgnorth Aluminium Ltd has firmly established itself as a trusted supplier of rolled Aluminium products since 1933. Our knowledge and experience spans many decades, evident in the work we do today to which we supply the Lithographic, Automotive, Canned Body Stock and Foil Sectors of Industry. We are a 74 acre site which is located; as the name implies, in the historic town of Bridgnorth and within a 25min commute from towns such as Telford, Shrewsbury, Kidderminster and Wolverhampton, 40mins from Birmingham, Worcester, Stafford and Redditch.
To work as a member of a shift to recycle scrap processed material and remelt virgin ingot into aluminium rolling slabs. The slab produced must meet the required specification and level of quality using the plant and equipment within the department as instructed.
The Casthouse Operator is responsible for ensuring:
· Working according to safe working procedures and that correct PPE is in use and worn at all times
· Consistency in operation by using correct operating practises and procedures at all times and carries out the correct quality inspection practises.
· All administration completed meets the standards set within Bridgnorth Aluminium and our customers
· Operating to the safe working practises and that all equipment is also operating safely bringing faults as they occur to the attention of the Shift Section Leader, Engineering and Production Management for rectification
· Ensuring that the area is kept in a clean and tidy condition and that safety is considered at all times
· Reporting of incidents in the event of adverse events
The Casthouse Operator must be able to communicate:
· Clearly any issues arising directly with the Shift Section Leader, Production Management and Engineering to identify and faults on the machinery and plant such that actions can be taken to repair or replace faulty equipment during maintenance periods
· With other Operators especially at shift hand over; where necessary, with Section Leaders in other production areas
The Casthouse Operator role includes; but is not limited to:
· Receive instructions from the Shift Section Leader
· Weigh and label the scrap
· Make up the furnace charge
· Charge, operate, dross and move and cool the dross in furnace practices and procedures
· Take samples from the molten metal and check the composition and purity of the metal
· Transfer molten metal to the holding furnace
· Clean and remove metal oxide from the furnace walls and the surface of the melt
· Hold the metal at the correct temperature and time prior to casting
· Prepare the casting table, grain refiner, moulds and float systems prior to casting
· Cast, oversee the metal flow into moulds, monitor and control the cast
· Change moulds and mould bases to suit the required slab dimension
· Lift the slabs out of the casting pit, move slabs and operate the slab saw machine to saw, release and label slabs
· Mark the required details on the side of the slabs
· Change the blades of the band saw and maintain the air mist lubrication system with the assistance of a fitter
· Operate cranes and mobile plant for which they will be trained and qualified
Casthouse Operator - Educational Requirements
· Minimum of GCSE C grade in Maths and English
Casthouse Operator - Package
· Shift position 4 on (2 days, 2 nights) and 4 off
· Pension up to 7% matched contribution – salary sacrifice with part NI saving returned
· 4 x Annual Salary ‘Death in Service’
· Private Health Cash Plan Package – can be increased to incorporate dependants
· Monthly and Annual Company Performance Bonus
Due to the nature of the business, the Casthouse Operator should be aware that under special circumstances (e.g., breakdowns, outage periods, etc.) longer working hours or working approved overtime might be required to fulfil the duties of the role.
If you feel you have the right experience and skill set for the role of Casthouse Operator; then please don’t hesitate to apply for the role. Unfortunately on this occasion we are NOT able to accept applications from candidates who require VISA sponsorship support to work in the UK.