The role of Health & Safety Specialist is to ensure the company meets the requirements of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, British Standards and all other relevant Health and Safety Legislation. The role of the Health & Safety Specialist is to assist the Health & Safety Manager with the development and implementation of the site wide health and safety strategy.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Responsible for the maintenance of the Occupational Health and Safety management system in line with company’s Health and Safety Strategy and Group’s requirements.
· Responsible for planning, managing and completion of the Health and Safety Inspection.
· Responsible to prepare health and safety reports and statistical information.
· Be able to identify of all health and safety related risks and issues across Bridgnorth Aluminium Ltd and assist in the design and arrangements necessary for the remedial actions.
· Contribute in reporting or resolving incidents, near misses and accidents through the company Adverse Event and Intelex reporting systems.
· Ensuring company’s compliance with the CDM Regulations and in its role as Client, Principal Designer and Principal Contractor.
· Ensure that site and specific risk assessments of equipment, systems and buildings are in place and suitable.
· Maintaining all necessary communication with relevant regulatory bodies and Insurance representatives.
· Take a lead in health and safety incident investigations, when required.
· Support in the development and maintenance of the company’s Occupational Health and Safety Management System in line with the BS ISO 45001:2018 standard.
· Support the company to maintain a safe working environment for internal and external personnel across the entire area of responsibility (including visitors & contractors).
Skills Essential to the Role:
· (Essential) NEBOSH National General Certificate in Occupational Health and Safety.
· (Essential) A minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience in a Health & Safety role within a heavy Engineering, Manufacturing, Casthouse or Foundry role.
· (Essential) Extensive knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work etc. Act 1974, BS ISO 45001:2018, relevant British Standards and other relevant legislation.
· (Essential) Technical Member level of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health.
· (Essential) The ability to write concise and cogent reports, policies and procedures, etc.
· (Essential) A high level of interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with people at all levels within the business and externally.
· (Essential) Able to work as part of a team and on their own initiative within specified guidelines and processes.
· (Desirable) NEBOSH National Diploma in Occupational Health and Safety (or working towards).
· (Desirable) Graduate Member level of the Institution of Occupational Safety and Health (and working on IPD towards Chartered Member status).