The purpose of the role is to facilitate movement of slab from the foundry to slab storage areas. The collection of Aluminium scrap from across site and delivered to scrap storage areas. Unloading of deliveries of slab and ingot. Assist with tractor collection and delivery of coils and all other aspects of the Logistics area.
Main Tasks & Responsibilites:
· Delivery of slab from Foundry to slab park.
· Collection of scrap metal from various areas around site and deliver to scrap metal stock area at the casthouse.
· Unloading of slab deliveries.
· Unloading of Ingot.
· Provide cover for metal/coil movement by tractor.
· Provide cover for the general Logistics Department duties.
Skills Essential to the Role:
· Valid Fork Lift Truck licence for up to a capacity of 15tonne (Kalmar or equivalent).
· Licence to operate various cranes across site. - Desirable
· Tractor driving licence. (Willingness to be trained on the tractor). – Desirable
· Good organisational skills
· Ability to work under pressure
· Good communication skills
· Computer literacy where necessary to update company’s records
· Understand written and verbal instructions
· Understanding of Company’s/Departments Health and Safety guidelines and directives.
· Ability to communicate with all levels of personnel on site, and external visitors to site (e.g. delivery drivers).
· Flexibility within the role.
· Ability to work on your own and within a team.