Reporting into the Maintenance Manager and working within the Maintenance Department, the machinist will operate machine tools and associated equipment to perform precision Machining operations.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
Skills Essential to the Role:
· Can proficiently operate traditional precision lathes large and small
Can proficiently operate Milling both vertical and horizontal
· Can proficiently operate Surface grinders
· Can proficiently operate Cylindrical grinders
· Can proficiently operate a Shaper
· Ability to use precision instrument’s such as Internal and External micrometre’s, Depth Micrometre’s, DTI’s Vernier Calliper’s, Slip gauges, precision level’s.
· Ability to work from verbal and written instruction.
· Ability to grind and form internal and external lathe tool’s
· Has in-depth knowledge of the procedures, manufacturing processes, and methods within the area of work
· Essential Apprenticeship in Mechanical Engineering or relevant Engineering subject