We are recruiting for an Environmental Specialist to work within our Aluminium Manufacturing Facility. The Environmental Specialist will work to support and assist the Sustainability Manager in maintaining and developing the company's Environmental Management System and promoting a proactive environmental management culture across the site.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
· Policy development - strengthening existing and developing new policies where required.
· Maintaining and implementing the Environmental Management System, including associated procedures, policies and forms.
· Communication with external stakeholders and the Environmental Agency
· Maintaining documentation and reports for various Environmental systems requirements.
· Maintaining the EHS –Sustainability Sharepoint (Intranet) page.
· Carrying out environmental incident investigations when required and carrying out internal audits and assisting the external auditors when on-site.
· Assisting Management in developing a culture of environmental awareness and engagement across site and advising Management when required and providing succinct and usable data for reports and meetings.
· Conducting regular site checks including monitoring waste management, waste transfer documentation, spill kit provision.
· Preparing specific reports on environmental management performance via monitoring of key environmental indicators and maintaining all necessary communication with the relevant regulatory bodies
· Coordinating environmental contractors on site e.g. waste contractors, remediation specialists, emissions testing.
Skills Essential to the Role:
· Bachelor’s Degree in relevant Environmental/Science background – Earth Sciences or Environmental Sciences (Environmental Chemistry, Environmental Engineering etc.) or Sustainability.
· IEMA Membership at associate/practitioner level or working towards this membership.
· A high level of technical understanding in the environmental management field and previous experience within an EHS environment attained in a manufacturing or engineering sector.
· In-depth knowledge of regulatory requirements, interpretations, and health and safety programs.
· Aptitude to solve problems quickly with advanced conflict resolution skills
· Pension matched up to 7%
· 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance
· Health Cash Plan
· Monthly and Annual Company Performance Bonus
· Attendance Bonus
· Gym Discount
· Cycle to Work Scheme
· Wellbeing Support
· Ironbridge Gorge Museum tickets for employees and their families