Working as part of the Departments Reliability Team, the Reliability Team Leader has the responsibility and accountability for making technical decisions that impact all production within the Department. Daily liaising with production and all key parties; providing leadership to their team in relation to all reliability improvements and resources.
Main Skills and Responsibilities:
· Provide technical support - Trouble shoot and resolve technical problems/issues in order to get assets back in running condition aiming at minimising disruption and cost.
· Responsible for maintenance or emergency repairs/inspections with internal and/or external resources.
· Investigate and resolve all Hydraulic, Pneumatic and Mechanical related issues in the area of responsibility.
· Assist in conducting chronic and recurring Failure Elimination/Root Cause Analysis (RCA) studies as required; help implement, track and report the corrective actions with respect to its effectiveness in eliminating the problem(s).
· Assist in the planning of Reliability Centred Maintenance (RCM) by assessing asset and sub-asset criticality rankings, performing failure analysis and recommending mitigation strategies.
· Provide on-site and hands-on training and guidance to mechanical technicians and apprentices for the execution of mechanical maintenance tasks, jobs and processes.
· Regularly review and assess the mechanical technician’s skills on the job and identify opportunities for improving their knowledge/skills to perform their daily tasks safely, reliably and productively.
Skills Essential for the Role:
· (Essential) HNC/HND or equivalent (e.g. NVQ/BTEC level 4) in Mechanical Engineering or relevant Engineering subject
· 3-5 years of engineering experience in a similar position, field or industry
· Knowledgeable in the area of equipment lubricants and lubrication techniques
· Ability to read and understand technical writing, specifications and interpret mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic drawings/diagrams and technical information
· Experienced in the area of parts fabrication (e.g. machining, welding, turning, etc.)
Monday to Thursday 8am to 4.30pm/4.00pm Fridays
· Pension matched up to 7%
· 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance
· Health Cash Plan
· Monthly and Annual Company Performance Bonus
· Attendance Bonus
· Cycle to Work Scheme
· Wellbeing Support
· Ironbridge Gorge Museum tickets for employees and their families
Safety is vital for all jobs in BAL; therefore, all candidates must be able to have the ability to follow and initiate safety practices, policies and procedures at all times.