Reporting to the Electrical Engineering Manager the Area Electrical Control Engineer is to ensure the uninterrupted operation of the assets of the Department by reducing downtime, equipment failures and breakdowns whilst ensuring all assets are maintained adequately to operate within their designed capabilities.
Main Skills and Responsibilities:
· Developing and implementing electrical maintenance activities for the machines and infrastructure within the area.
· Responsible for the maintenance of services (low voltage distribution, machine supplies, machine IT network, emergency safety circuits) in the area of responsibility.
· Maintain close contact with suppliers and contractors and keep up with the development of new products/services as well as technical/technological advancements in electrical engineering, asset management & reliability.
· Working with the Area Operations Manager and the rest of the area team to execute electrical maintenance during maintenance days and shutdowns.
· Supervision of planned and preventative maintenance, condition monitoring and spares sourcing.
· Optimisation and improvement of electrical and control systems
Skills Essential for the Role:
· Essential - HND/HNC in Electrical Engineering; A Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent, i.e. Automation or Control discipline.
· Experience of engineering in a similar field or industry.
· Working knowledge of relevant electrical/control principles and practices demonstrated in a relevant industry in engineering and/or maintenance fields
· Ability to interrogate and understand PLC Software (Siemens TIA Portal and Simatic Manager)
· Desirable - BEng or MEng in Electrical Engineering or equivalent discipline (Automation, Control,)
Monday to Thursday 8am to 4.30pm/4.00pm Fridays
· Pension matched up to 7%
· 4 x Annual Salary Life Assurance
· Health Cash Plan
· Monthly and Annual Company Performance Bonus
· Attendance Bonus
· Cycle to Work Scheme
· Wellbeing Support
· Ironbridge Gorge Museum tickets for employees and their families
Safety is vital for all jobs in BAL; therefore, all candidates must be able to have the ability to follow and initiate safety practices, policies and procedures at all times.